There are several talismans available in God Of War that offer unique abilities for Kratos during combat and boost various stats. The abilities can be triggered by pressing L1 and O, and the talismans can be crafted, found or bought from Brok or Sindri throughout the various God Of War chapters.
The talismans come in four levels; Common, Rare, Legendary, and Epic, and they have cooldown timers. They are equipped via the game’s Armour section and only one talisman can be equipped at a time, although you can swap them out at any time. They can also be upgraded, boosting Kratos’ stats further and improving the talisman’s corresponding ability.
The Best Talismans In God Of War
There are a total of 17 talismans in God Of War. Since they all provide you with different stat boosts and abilities, it’s best to switch them out to reflect your current situation. Saying that, we’ve listed what we think are the best talismans in God Of War below:
- Talisman Of Concentrated Vitality (Common): Offers a burst of health
- Talisman Of Rejuvenating Fury (Common): Unleash a shockwave that stuns nearby enemies
- Talisman Of Betrayal (Rare): Slow down time while aiming and boost ranged attacks
- Horn Of Heimdall (Rare): Perform a powerful attack that stuns enemies
- Sinmara’s Cinder (Legendary): Unleash a Muspelheim maelstrom that prevents Kratos’ attacks from being interrupted, reduces the damage received, and inflicts burn damage to enemies
- The Charm Of Infinite Storms (Epic): Unleash an ice storm that prevents Kratos’ attacks from being interrupted, reduces the damage received, and inflicts frost damage to enemies
- Talisman Of Cursed Power (Epic): Unleash a cursed mist that weakens enemies and lowers their stats
- Talisman Of The Realms (Epic): Unleash a realm shift that slows down enemies temporarily
As mentioned, many of the talismans in God Of War work best in specific situations, so feel free to swap them out depending on the enemies you’re facing. We also suggest you continue reading to learn more about the above talismans and all others in the game too.
Complete List Of All God Of War Talismans
- Talisman Of Resolute Might: Boosts Kratos’ strength when health drops to a critical level.
- Talisman Of Eternal Fury: Offers a rage boost. Increases the amount of rage gained from combat and the duration of rage.
- Talisman Of Concentrated Vitality: Offers a burst of extra health whenever Kratos’ health drops to a critical level.
- Talisman Of Rejuvenating Fury: Unleash a shockwave that stuns nearby enemies and restores a small portion of health whenever an enemy is stun grabbed.
- Talisman Of Resolute Protection: Produces a temporary invincible barrier when Kratos’ health drops to a critical level.
- Talisman Of Unbound Potential: Refreshes runic attack cooldowns and increases runic whenever a runic attack is cooling down
- Horn Of Heimdall: Perform an attack that inflicts stun damage, knocks back enemies, and reduces the talisman’s cooldown on all successful blocks and parries.
- Talisman Of Betrayal: Slows down time when aiming and boosts all ranged attacks.
- Golden Talisman Of Protection: Recover faster if activated after being hit, also increases the timing windows on parries while boosting defence when blocking.
- Amulet Of Kvasir: Triggers a realm shift on a last-second dodge, slowing down nearby enemies.
- Hvergelmir Stone: Unleashes a fog that restores a small portion of health and increases the time Kratos can spend in the Cursed Mist of Niflheim.
- Sinmara’s Cinder: Unleashes a Muspelheim maelstrom that prevents Kratos’ attacks from being interrupted while reducing the damage received and inflicting burn damage to nearby enemies.
- Talisman Of The Realms: Triggers a realm shift that temporarily slows down enemies.
- The Charm Of Infinite Storms: Unleashes a storm of ice that prevents Kratos’ attacks from being interrupted while reducing the damage received and inflicting frost damage.
- Shattered Gauntlet Of Ages: Unleashes a shockwave that stuns all nearby enemies. Can also perform a ranged attack when upgraded.
- Aegir’s Protection: Produces a small defensive area that prevents Kratos’ attacks from being interrupted while reducing the amount of damage received. Can also restore health when upgraded.
- Talisman Of Cursed Power: Unleash a wave of cursed mist that weakens surrounding enemies and lowers their stats.
That’s our guide to talismans in God Of War. We hope our suggestions of the best God Of War talismans and our complete list will help you on your journey through one of PlayStation’s best titles.