There are a total of 58 main missions in Red Dead Redemption, as well as 19 stranger missions, 43 bounty missions, and four challenges. The Undead Nightmare expansion comes with an additional eight missions.
Only the main missions are required to complete the game, but completing the game’s side content like bounties and challenges will provide you with plenty of goods, like money, weapons, and clothing, so they’re well worth completing.
You can find a complete list of all the game’s chapters, as well as all main missions in Red Dead Redemption and stranger and Undead Nightmare missions too.
Also check out:
How many missions are in Red Dead Redemption 2?
How Many Chapters Are In Red Dead Redemption?
The 58 main missions in Red Dead Redemption are told through the game’s four chapters along with an epilogue, which each covers different sections of the game. The chapters are:
- New Austin
- Nuevo Paraiso
- West Elizabeth
- Marston Ranch
All missions within a chapter must be completed before you can progress to the next, excluding the final mission which forms the game’s epilogue.
Red Dead Redemption Mission List
None of the missions in Red Dead Redemption can be skipped, and all must be completed to finish the game, including the final mission, which is labelled a stranger mission.
- Exodus in America
- New Friends, Old Problems
- Obstacles In Our Path
- This Is Armadillo, USA
- Political Realities In Armadillo
- Justice In Pike’s Basin
- Women And Cattle
- Wild Horses, Tamed Passions
- A Tempest Looms
- Old Swindlerer Blues
- Spare The Rod, Spoil The Bandit
- The Burning
- Hanging Bonnie MacFarlane
- You Shall Not Give False Testimony, Except For Profit
- Exhuming And Other Fine Hobbies
- Liars, Cheats And Other Proud Americans
- Can A Swindler Change His Spots?
- The Sport Of Kings, And Liars
- A Frenchman, A Welshman And An Irishman
- Man Is Born Unto Trouble
- A Gentle Drive With Friends
- Let The Dead Bury Their Dead
- On Shaky’s Ground
- The Assault On Fort Mercer
- We Shall Be Together In Paradise
- The Gunslinger’s Tragedy
- Langdon Ricketts Rides Again
- Lucky In Love
- The Mexican Wagon Train
- Civilization, At Any Price
- The Demon Drink
- Empty Promises
- Mexican Caesar
- My Sister’s Keeper
- Must A Savior Die?
- Cowards Die Many Times
- Father Abraham
- Captain De Santa’s Downfall
- The Great Mexican Train Robbery
- Gates Of El Presidio
- An Appointed Time
- Bear One Another’s Burden
- At Home With Dutch
- Great Men Are Not Always Wise
- For Purely Scientific Reasons
- The Prodigal Son Returns (To Yale)
- And You Will Know The Truth
- And The Truth Will Set You Free
- The Outlaw’s Return
- Old Friends, New Problems
- By Sweat And Toil
- A Continual Feast
- John Marston And Son
- Wolves, Dogs And Sons
- Spare The Love, Spoil The Child
- The Last Enemy That Shall Be Destroyed
- Remember My Family
With all missions completed, you can still free roam to finish up any remaining side content or just explore the open world.
Red Dead Redemption Stranger Missions
- American Appetites
- American Lobbyist
- Aztec Gold
- Deadalus And Son
- Eva In Peril
- Flowers For A Lady
- Funny Man
- I Know You
- Jenny’s Faith
- Let No Man Put Asunder
- Lights, Camera, Action
- Love Is The Opiate
- The Prohibitionist
- Remember My Family (Also a main mission)
- Water And Honesty
- Who Are You To Judge?
- The Wronged Woman
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Mission List
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare is an expansion for the game set in an alternate timeline during a zombie apocalypse. The expansion follows John Marston as he attempts to find a possible cure for the plague.
There are only eight missions in the expansion, and they include:
- Love In The Time Of Plague
- Curious Tales From Blackwater
- Get Back In That Hole, Partner
- A Cure For Most Of What Ails You
- American Imperialism
- Mother Superior Blues
- A Civilized Man
- On A Pale Horse
That’s it! Those are all of the main and stranger missions in Red Dead Redemption, as well as all main missions in the Undead Nightmare expansion.